This platform is a collaboration between five partners in five European countries. We share common challenges due to an aging population in Europe. Dementia diseases are increasing, and we would like to provide the best care possible.
Therefore, we need trained, skilled staff. This platform offers new and somewhat experienced workforce in the health- and care- sector an opportunity to develop knowledge about dementia and how to care for the persons with the diseases.
Case is funded by the European Union through the Erasmus+ programme.
The project consists of the following five partners:
- The project proposal was initiated by the Research and Development Centre City of Linkoping which is a collaboration of municipalities in the Region of Östgötland and the University of Linkoping and has close working relations with a network of public and private providers of care, social services and social work within the region as well as with the national R&D-Centres network in Sweden.
- Dundee and Angus College, one of the largest training and education providers in Scotland with a strong track record of delivering health and social care training from introductory to advanced levels and of working closely with private and public sector employers. The college also had many years’ experience of leading and participating in EU partnerships through Erasmus and related programmes.
- Centro de Formacion Somorrostro, an integrated education and training centre based in the Basque region of Spain. The second largest training provider in the region it too had many years’ experience of working in the care sector and in the international partnerships through Erasmus.
- Zemgale Planning Region (ZPR), a regional public authority in Latvia with responsibility for regional planning and development and the coordination of services including transport, education, social services, environmental protection and business support. Its development council includes 22 municipalities.
- Teacher Training Centre Ilfov (TTC Ilfov), and independent training and resource centre in Romania, specialising in the professional, development and continuing education.